By Feronia Ding
Whether you’re feeling down in the dumps, or you just need something to cure your boredom, this list has got you covered, featuring all my cinematic comfort food. Happy watching!
1. Edward Scissorhands (1990) – A small suburban town receives a visit from a castaway unfinished science experiment named Edward.
2. Clueless (1995) - A rich high school student tries to boost a new pupil's popularity but reckons without affairs of the heart getting in the way.
3. Enchanted (2007) - Princess Giselle is banished from her kingdom by her lover's evil stepmother. She is then transported to the real world where she meets a lawyer and finds herself falling for him.
4. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) - Scott Pilgrim meets Ramona and instantly falls in love with her. But he soon realises that he must defeat all seven of her evil exes to woo her.
5. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) - A high-school boy, Cameron, cannot date Bianca until her anti-social older sister, Kat, has a boyfriend. So, Cameron pays a mysterious boy, Patrick, to charm Kat.
6. The Proposal (2009) – When she learns she’s in danger of losing her visa status and being deported, overbearing book editor Margret Tate forces her assistant, Andrew Paxton, to marry her.
7. Love, Rosie (2014) – Rosie and Alex have been best friends since they were 5, so they couldn't possibly be right for one another...or could they? When it comes to love, life and making the right choices, these two are their own worst enemies.
8. Legally Blonde (2001) – Elle Woods, a fashionable sorority queen is dumped by her boyfriend. She decides to follow him to law school, while she’s there, she figures out that there is more to her than just looks.
9. Crazy Rich Asians (2018) – An American-born Chinese economics professor accompanies her boyfriend to Singapore for his best friend’s wedding, only to get thrust into the lives of Asia’s rich and famous.
10. 13 going on 30 (2004) – After total humiliation at her thirteenth birthday party, Jenna Rink wants to hide until she’s thirty. With a little magic, her wish is granted, but it turns out that being thirty isn’t as always as awesome as she thought it would be!