By Ella Angell, year 9
There are just some days we need to treat ourselves after a hard and stressful week. Whether it’s going to your local shopping centre and getting your favourite thing to eat to splurging a few dollars to buy new clothes or going out with your besties. We all have different ways of treating ourselves. So here are 5 different ways you could treat yourself at home!
1. The first thing you could do is a have nice, warm bath. You can choose to have your bath with or without bath bombs and bubbles and you could even add a few candles to the mix while reading your favourite novel. If that doesn’t float your boat, you can always watch a movie or even listen to a soothing playlist.
2. You could even have a mini movie night. You can have the movie night with your family or you can even invite some friends. This is a great way to distress and forget about everything because you can hang with the people who are the most important to you. An addition you can put to this movie night is lots of lollies, chips and buttery popcorn.
3. Another way you could treat yourself is to light a few candles around your room, sit on the floor and just do some meditation or even yoga! I know it might sound like a silly idea, but after a week at school, you might be really stressed so doing this can soothe you.
4. Alternatively you could go and play with your animals, if you have one, or you can do something crafty like do a painting or drawing for your room. You could even do origami, but it can be more stressful than relaxing sometimes as you have to master those folds! If you don’t want to do that , get a family member or friend to play a board game of complete a puzzle.
5. One of my favourite ways to treat myself is to lay down on my bed, with my laptop and binge watch TV shows and movies on Netflix while eating a little bit of chocolate. I can watch all of my favourite T.V. shows that I’ve missed or go to my recommended movies while I relax.
These are just 5 ways of being able to treat yourself. Everyone is different and these ideas might not be for you, but if you want to relax, de-stress and treat yourself, and have not tried one of these, there is now an excuse to do something for yourself!